12 reasons why this weekend in Liverpool will be a boss one
8 years ago
We made it, it is the weekend but not just any weekend – the end of the longest, most miserable, and dryest (for some) is here, and the bright lights of the rest of the year are just around the corner. This weekend marks pay weekend for many, and the music, club & event scene in Liverpool is well and truly back on form.
Whether you are up for a nice bit of live music, maybe some culture, a nice dose of comedy or a full on rave in your undies then we have got it covered.
For the party animals…
If you want to blow them January cob webs away, and get back in to party mode then this is the weekend for you.
Magnet presents Graeme Park – Friday 29th
- Hacienda legend Graeme Park will be bringing disco and house to Magnets first official basement party of 2016. He will take you back to the 70;s and 80’s with the best ind disco and of course into the 90’s and 00’s for a plethora of pure house .He takes to the decks at 11pm and doors open at 10. If you are going save us a space on the dancefloor.
MASQ 1st Birthday at The Garage – Friday 29th
- Imagine a party where everyone is wearing plain white masks. How cool would that be? MASQ turns one and you are invited to the party at The Garage Liverpool. Local house & techno DJ, KYDUS will headline. Certainly a night out with a difference and one in our opinion not to be missed.
MUMU 8th Birthday at New Bird Street Warehouse – Saturday 30th
- It feels like MUMU has been around forever, 8 years in now of showcasing the worlds best DJ’s and producers and providing Liverpool with some serious parties. This one will be no different. The ‘energetic’ Mathias Kaden headlines and tickets are still available but BE QUICK! Get your’s here from Skiddle
EXIT at Garlands presents Official Nancie – Saturday 30th
- Nancie is one of the hottest prospects at the moment in the dance industry and Exit are bringing her to Liverpool’s biggest and most glam club for one night only. DJ’s Mark Ingham, Day Maguire & Adam Jones also on the decks.
Circus returns to East Village Arts Club – Saturday 30th
- What better way to celebrate the last weekend in January than at one of the city’s best loved parties. Circus returns to East Village Arts Club on Saturday 30th January for it’s first shindig of the year bringing it with it Yousef, DJ Steve Lawler, Patrick Topping and more.
For the music lovers…
GIT Award launch party – Buyers Club – Friday 29th
- The countdown to the 2016 GIT Award ceremony is on and this weekend that countdown officially kicks off with a huge launch party at Buyers Club with a cash prize of a grand to be won, plus live music from Trudy, Pink Kink, Ohmns, Nelson, Harvey Brown & DJ sets form the Bido Lito gang.
Gabrielle Aplin – O2 Academy – Friday 29th
- Her cover of Frankie Goes to Hollywood’s ‘Power of Love’ and an advert all about ‘snowman love’ brought Gabrielle to the countries attention. Her new album ‘Light Up the Dark’ proves she is not just a snowy one hit wonder though and her single ‘Sweet Nothing’ is superb, watch it below – she plays live at O2 Academy Friday 29th.
Lindi Ortega – East Village Arts Club – Friday 29th
- She is part of Brandon Flowers touring band and an alt-country singer-songwriter in her own right. Canadian via Nashville musician Lindi Ortega plays the Arts Club Friday 29th.
Absolute Bowie – O2 Academy – Saturday 3oth
- Celebrate the life and music of a truly iconic artist, with support for Teenage Cancer Trust. Let’s Dance a little harder, sing a little louder and remember the one and only, Starman.
For the gigglers…
Brick Up The Mersey Tunnels – Royal Court
- The most succesful comedy in Liverpool’s theatre history has returned to the Royal Court 10 years after its first performance. Written by Dave Kirby & Nicky Alt ‘Brick Up’ is the perfect Scouse comedy and guarantees tears of laughter and a night you won’t forget in ages. We caught up with Iain Christie from the Royal Court to talk about the shows success, the theater’s refurb and we even got a sneaky peak of the dress rehearsal for the comedy show everyone loves. Watch the cast rehears and find out more in The Guide Liverpool’s video here.
The Laughterhouse – Mathew Street & Slaughter House – Friday/ Saturday
- Hosted by MC’s Neil Fitzmaurice and Chris Cairns Laughterhouse returns this weekend with another fine lineup of comedians including Paul Tonkinson, Ian Cognito and Seymour Mace – well worth a visit with a guarantee of laugh out loud, wet your pants giggles! Book Laughterhouse here
Liverpool Comedy Cellar – The Magnet – Saturday 30th
- This Saturday is all about local comedian Brendan Riley. Plus Simon Bligh and Barry Dodds take to Comedy Cellar stage. The Magnet basement provides the perfect venue and there are even meal deals for pre show tea at Bistro Jacques & Frederiks on Hope Street. Visit the website for more info