‘Twas the Friday before Valentine’s and all through the land, lovers were desperate to plan something grand!”
If you’ve left it a bit last minute dot com to organise a romantic meal for two, then fear not…
The Guide Liverpool has rounded up the top 18 best restaurants to while away the hours with your beloved this weekend. With something for everyone, the rich cultural tapestry of the city truly shines when it comes to food! All of the below are offering dining options across the weekend, lunch and tea, but be quick as tables are going FAST!
1. Bretta & Co, Heatherfield Street (off Bold Street) invite you to Wine and Dine your Valentine this weekend with a wide range of sumptuous food from their in house deli and wine reserves. We’re hearing amazing things about the Chateaubriand. Veggie options also available. Call 0151 709 6369 to book.
2. Sapporo Teppanyaki, Duke Street. If you’re an awkward conversationalist, this is the place for you and your date! From Sushi to steak and soup noodles, your very own chef will take the edge off those nerves during your dining experience. Set Menu’s available from £16.95 per head. Call 0151 668 0166 to book.
3. Pan Am, Albert Dock. Newly refurbished the Pan Am looks incredibly sophisticated. So if you favour a bit of glamour this weekend head on down to the Albert Dock and savour the four course Valentine’s menu, complete with champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries. At £40pp the evening is complimented by a live acoustic set from singer, Rob Vincent. Call 0151 702 5831 to book.
4. Il Forno, Duke Street. For the Italian lovers out there, Il Forno are serving up a three-course San Valentino menu at £29.95pp. Cue cute couples re-enacting that famous spaghetti meatball scene from Lady and the Tramp…..serviette please! Call 0151 709 4002 to book.
5. Lucha Libre, Wood Street. If you’d prefer to dine a little less formally, but still want to impress your guy or girl then head on down to Lucha Libre. Easy going Mexican street food served up with pre/post dinner drinks at Mya (downstairs) Easy Peasy! Call 0151 329 0200 to book.
6. Lunya, College Lane Liverpool 1. If you’re a big foodie and a fan of great value for money (who isn’t?) Lunya has a real treat for you. A five course tapas banquette awaits, accompanied by Cava Sangria at £29.95pp and can be devoured at lunch time if you already have evening plans! Call 0151 706 9770 to book.
7. The Brunch Club, Duke Street. A great early evening treat, maybe before the cinema? The Brunch club is perfectly located for a light bite and is offering 4 tapas and a glass of Prosecco, pre 9pm for a tasty £25. Call 0151 709 0650 to book.
8. CAU, Castle Street. It’s all about sharing at CAU. Big plates, Small plates, Winter Berry Cheesecake! There menu is varied and the deserts are to die for. Not surprising that availability is limited this weekend but if you want to impress, you’ll hit redial! Call 0151 2271818 to book.
9. Restaurant Bar and Grill, Brunswick Street. A stunning, former bank location and high-end brasserie style menu makes this choice of restaurant a real show stopper for a Valentine’s date. Steak is always a good bet here! Call 0151 236 6703 to book.
10. Liverpool is spoiled with a triple whammy of authentic French cuisine restaurants scattered across the city centre. Bistro Franc, Bistro Pierre and Bistro Jacques are all offering a three course set menu with prosecco for £22.95. Lose yourself in the traditional French decor……and you’re practically in Paris! All contact details available online.
11. The Hub, Hanover Street. The Hub ticks the ‘laid back’ Valentine’s date box. From 4:30pm onwards this gastropub is offering a three course set menu, at £26.50 with a glass of Prosecco and makes for a great early evening booking before heading on out into the bustling city. Call 0151 709 2401 to book.
12. The Hilton Hotel, Liverpool One. The Hilton is going all out this Valentine’s Day and offering a five course menu with champagne and more, PLUS discounts on accommodation too. What’s not to like? Call 0151 708 4200 for more information.
13. Mowgli, Bold Street. Polar opposite to formal dining Mowgli have brought authentic Indian cooking to Liverpool. No booking necessary at this little gem in the heart of Bold Street. Owner, Nisha Katona’s recent book ‘Pimp My Rice’ would make a brilliant Valentine’s gift for the foodie lover in your life. Head on down to sample the delicious menu.
14. Viva Brazil, Castle Street. Staying with the world cuisine theme and yet another newly refurbed restaurant in the city centre, Viva Brazil is showcasing its brand new look alongside their famous Rodizio menu. Again availability is limited but a laid back lunchtime date is still a winner! Call 0151 236 8080 to book.
15. LEAF, Bold Street. Another hidden treasure on bustling Bold Street. (You’re so spoiled for choice!) Leaf is the perfect choice for a lazy Sunday brunch with your better-half. From simple nibbles to sharing platters, any restaurant that boasts in house pastry chefs is going to score some serious brownie-points! Just rock up, and chill out together. Call 0151 707 7747 for more info.
The Best from the ‘Burbs!
16. L’Olivetto, Rose Lane, Allerton. This wonderfully authentic Italian restaurant is nestled in the leafy suburb of Allerton and boasts a great atmosphere and friendly staff. A varied menu of traditional dishes from pasta to pizza is on offer this weekend starting from £19.95 a head. Call 0151 724 5169 to book.
17. Holdi, Woolton Village. Known locally as the jewel of Woolton Village, Holdi offers a fabulously fragrant range of Indian dishes from tikka to chat puri’s. The chic decor makes this a great choice for a fun date. Call 0151 428 9894 to book.
18. Chilli Banana, Lark Lane, Aigburth. Traditional Thai cooking served up in the heart of bohemian Lark Lane. Chilli Banana has its roots firmly back in Thailand and not only offers a wide range of dishes in house, but also offers take away. Call 0151 726 8641 to book.
By Kate Reilly James
Sign up with us to receive the latest news, straight to your inbox!