See our video services!
At The Guide Liverpool, we’ve been helping businesses promote themselves and reach new clients and customers for years. Our professional video crew can help you increase engagement, interaction and revenue by presenting your business to a wide audience with a creative, exciting promotional video for use on multiple online channels.
The film will revisit the feuding brothers at the height of the Britpop band’s fame, a year after the release of their album What’s The Story (Morning Glory).
The news of the feature-length film was confirmed on the 25th anniversary of the day tickets went on sale for the shows, which took place in August 1996 and were attended by 250,000 fans.
The film will be directed by music video director Jake Scott, who has worked with bands including Oasis, R.E.M, U2, The Verve and The Rolling Stones, and produced by RSA Films, the production company owned by Scott’s father, Sir Ridley Scott.
A post from Oasis on Twitter said: “The gig that defined an era. The 2 days in Aug 96, remembered forever by 250k Oasis fans as 1 of the greatest rock‘n’roll events to ever take place on British soil.
“The feature length Knebworth concert documentary, directed by Jake Scott, is released later this year.”
Scott added: “It’s a story driven entirely by the music, a rock and roll experience, told in the moment, like a visual stream of consciousness that is built around the extensive archive footage from the event.
“No on-camera interviews or unnecessary celebrity recollections.”
The film will attempt to document a pivotal time in British culture, with the rise of New Labour, Euro ‘96, Nelson Mandela’s visit to Britain, and the phenomenon of Britpop, and aims to be “a crucial document of the moment that defined an era and cultural revolution”.
It will be released later this year.
The Gallagher brothers have been embroiled in a feud since the band split in 2009, prompted by a backstage brawl at the Rock en Seine festival in Paris.
Fans have long hoped for a reunion; however, last year Liam said Noel had turned down £100 million to re-form the band for a tour.
Sign up with us to receive the latest news, straight to your inbox!