Looking for love? Lots of places to find it in Liverpool this summer
7 years ago
Are you looking to meet your perfect match in Liverpool this summer? Have the long balmy weekend days got you in the mood for love?
We’re a nice bunch here at The Guide Liverpool so we’ve come up with some hints and tips to help you fall in love this summer.
READ MORE: Check out our 55 things to do in Liverpool this summer – looking for love or not, something for everyone!
Now we all know Scousers are not backwards in coming forwards and we love a bit of banter. What we didn’t know is just how many singles nights there were going on around the city bars!
- Why not give Fast Love Speed Dating a go, with dedicated evenings for certain age ranges (starts at 21) the events are taking place all summer long at venues such as Club Sanctum (Signature Living) and Revolution St Peters Square. They have events from £17 a ticket, rising to £25 for Elite events that include a glass of champagne on arrival, which seems like a bargain to meet the one! More info at fastlovespeeddating.co.uk
- Alma De Cuba also host a brilliant speed dating event called Ditch or Date. Open to lovers age 21+ the girls take a seat and the guys move around in 4 minute intervals. There’s a 20-minute bar break in the middle giving you just enough time to stick your number in that hotties pocket/bag before settling down for round two. Tickets are £12 and the next event is on 20th (Don’t be surprised if you see our Kate down there too!) Go to www.ditchordate.com to book your place.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll no doubt have heard of tonnes of dating apps and sites that promise you find you a prince/princess in just three clicks. A report published by Eharmony found that there are 155 single men per 100 women specifically in the city financial district! So give Tinder a miss and head on down to our fave Business District bars to bag yourself a banker. (That’s BANKER)
- Restaurant Bar & Grill has the looks housing its sleek Manhattan style bar in a former grand banking house. Perfect for post-work drinks and catching the eye of suited and booted guys and girls. Halifax House, Brunswick Street. Check out the cocktail menu at individualrestaurants.com/bar-and-grill/liverpool/
- If you’d rather loosen your tie or kick off your heels after a hard day at the office, Thomas Rigby’s, Dale Street have a wealth of real ales, pub snacks and comfy seats, perfect for a chilled out meet up. Always a great atmosphere with the 5pm crowd, order a packet of crisps and share them out. You never know who you might meet!
- And lastly, why not spruce yourself up in the toilets after work and head on over to The Club House at Liverpool One to soak up the last of the sun’s rays (hiding behind your sun glasses is great for checking potential talent out) Break the ice while in the queue for their outdoor BBQ and sample world beers and classic cocktails. More at theclubhouse.uk.com
If nights out and copious amounts of alcohol aren’t really your thing, fear not! Liverpool has something for you too!
- Liverpool Loves takes place this weekend, and the Pier Head will once again come alive with a packed line up of music, well-being, culture and food. With so many amazing bands, exhibitors, bars and performances you’re bound to find a like-minded match, and what better way to get together than at a festival promoting love! Ahhhh so sweet! Find out more about What’s On here.
- Creamfields returns this bank holiday weekend for the die-hard music fans and festival goers. A heatwave is predicted for this year’s event so pair your Hunters with your best pulling outfit and bump into your perfect match as the sun goes down. Tickets still available at creamfields.com
- Fusion Festival makes its debut this September as Otterspool Prom hosts some of the biggest names in pop. Olly Murs and Craig David could be singing the soundtrack to the start of your love story. All together now ‘Met this girl Monday, took her for a drink on Tuesday…..erm….we’ll leave it there. Tickets available with us, just click here.
On the off chance our well-meaning advice actually pays off and you do happen to meet your soul mate, you can email our invite to the wedding to email@example.com