RAF Falcons to drop in to Walton Festival later this month
7 years ago
The RAF Falcons parachute display team will drop in to the new-look Walton Festival this July.
The event – making its return for the first time since the 1990s – is taking place from 11am until 7pm on the weekend of 16 and 17 July at Walton Hall Park.
The daredevil team will make their descent and land in the park on Saturday afternoon.
Oher highlights include:
- A farmers market and a local makers market featuring craft traders and small businesses from Walton
- Pets Corner including falconry displays and donkey/pony rides
- A Victorian Funfair with a Ferris wheel, waltzers, carousel and other old time attractions
- A music stage featuring the very best of local talent including bands, singers, choirs, schools and youth music groups presented in collaboration with the Merseycats and Walton Makes Music
- An ‘It’s a Knockout’ challenge for workmates and friends
- Free children’s attractions including water balls, bungee trampolines and zorb balls
- A maze, heritage themed bar and food court
There will also be a special military zone featuring vehicles, bands, displays of equipment and interactive exhibits organised by the British Army and Army Cadets.
Walton Festival is being organised with support from Liverpool City Council, Walton Community Interest Company (CIC), County Road Regeneration and local housing associations.
Councillor Roy Gladden, Chair of the Walton Festival organising committee said: “Walton Festival has returned at the request of local residents and we hope it reflects everything they enjoyed about the original event.
“We have worked hard to put together a mix of fun, sport and entertainment showcasing the best that Walton has to offer.
“For people who grew up in the area, the festival was the highlight of the summer calendar and we hope it will continue from now, year after year.
“We hope people will join us for what is shaping up to be a fantastic weekend for all the family with something for everyone to enjoy.”
On Sunday 17 July there will be a Fun Run and 5k, while the Walton Community Champions Awards will celebrate outstanding individuals from the area.
Terry May, Chair of Walton Community Interest Company (CIC) added: “The return of the Walton Festival came about at the request of the community.
“Memories of the festival live long in the memories of Walton residents and there was a huge strength of feeling that it should return.
“We have put that into action and we hope that this festival will make the area proud and that there is something for everyone to enjoy.”
For the latest about the event search Walton Festival on www.facebook.com