The Albert Dock Rum Festival is back for 2017
7 years ago
Albert Dock Liverpool will whisk visitors away to the tropics this summer, when Albert Dock Rum Festival returns for the third year in a row – June 16-18 – celebrating all things rum.
Many of the Dock’s bars, restaurants and shops will be showcasing their wide rum selections, as well as foodie flavours of the Caribbean and live music to put you in a sizzling summer mood!
The Smugglers Cove, will be leading the way with Chairman’s Reserve rum tastings, special rum cocktails to help shake up your weekend, a Caribbean food special and live sea shanty. As World Record holders for having the most extensive rum menu anywhere (over 151 varieties of rum!) there’s no better place to begin this weekend celebration of that most popular seafarer tipple!
Last year we got a sneak peak of what the 2016 festival had on offer, watch the chat below.
Elsewhere, there will be rum-based cocktails at PANAM, samba dancers, rum tastings and live music at Revolucion de Cuba, Mojito boxes at Revolution, and rum tastings in aid of charity at Holiday Inn Express. Revelers can even purchase a special-edition Rum Festival leather eye patch from Leather Satchel Co, with a free rum shot for every purchase!
Putting the beat into the weekend will be The Phantasy Steel Band and the Batala Mersey samba drummers, who will be performing live sets at various locations around this iconic landmark on the Saturday and Sunday afternoons respectively.
Lucia Rojek, The Sales and Events Manager, The Smugglers Cove, said:
“Albert Dock Rum Festival is back for a third year and we can’t wait to give our guests an incredible and unique experience filled with rum tastings, dishes from the tropical islands, live music and exotic cocktails. Why not even bring dad along and treat him to a rum-forgettable Father’s Day on the Sunday!
“The Dock is just the perfect location for a celebration like this. Once the gateway to the world, when imported rum barrels would be rolled through its warehouses, Albert Dock will pay homage to the drink that enriched Liverpool’s fortunes.”
Albert Dock Rum Festival highlights
The Smugglers Cove
· Chairman’s Reserve rum tastings throughout the weekend and its cocktail menu with one cocktail for each rum – White, Gold, Spiced and Forgotten Cask. Special food menu – including jerk chicken kebabs with pineapple and corn, sopped with a honey, lime and mint, served with coconut rice and peas
· Live sea shanty band on the Saturday – and bring your dad for more tastings and live entertainment on the Sunday!
· Rum cocktails, plus live entertainment on both the Saturday and Sunday with the Secret Ukulele Band
· Mojito boxes and Sailor Jerry (TBC)
Revolucion de Cuba
· Rum tastings hosted by Wood’s Rum on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, plus live music on all days from 5pm, with a DJ following. Expect additional surprises, including samba dancers!
Holiday Inn Express
· Two types of rum tastings (Bacardi and Havana Club) – each costing just £1, with all money raised being donated to the Owen McVeigh Foundation (to help children with cancer and their families in the Merseyside area)
Leather Satchel Co.
· Bespoke leather eye-patches and a free rum shot with each sold!