Vintage on the Dock returns to Albert Dock Liverpool on July 9 and 10, bringing a free, family weekend celebration of 20th Century vintage cool to the North West’s most visited tourist attraction.
Visitors looking for some seriously stylish eye candy can browse the vintage marketplace, with the best traders hand-selected by keen-eyed curators, Dotty’s Vintage. From vintage clothes and accessories, to mid-century modern homewares, records and music memorabilia from the 1920s through to the 1990s, the vintage marketplace is a treat to behold. Receive a vintage, music star-inspired hairstyle in the mobile hair salon, Total Eclipse of the Head, and allow the dance professionals to show you the moves that set dance floors alight in times gone by, from the Lindy hop to the Charleston. Car enthusiasts can also marvel at the stunning selection of handpicked classic cars on display, taking us on a journey through timeless automotive design.
The brainchild of world-renowned designers, Wayne and Gerardine Hemingway MBE, and son Jack, Vintage on the Dock will also include a Best in Show, as our beady-eyed style spotters will be out in the crowds looking for the finest examples of vintage glamour and head-turning flair to appear in the parade, with rewards for those who look quite simply, fabulous!
Clare Rawlinson, marketing manager, Albert Dock Liverpool, said:
“Last year’s event attracted huge crowds and we are over the moon to welcome back Wayne Hemingway and his talented creative team to transform Albert Dock yet again for Vintage on the Dock. Visitors of all ages will uncover a treasure trove of vintage delights, from music and dance, to food, fashion and art from the 1920s to the 90s, while the vintage cars will be back after being such a huge attraction last year. For those who experienced it first time round to younger generations, Vintage on the Dock will be an unforgettable family party on Liverpool’s iconic waterfront.”
Wayne Hemingway MBE, said:
“Music, fashion and culture is firmly ingrained in the fabric of the city, and Vintage on the Dock will bring all that to the fore in a way that never looked so good.
“The lofty warehouses of Albert Dock provide the perfect backdrop for this celebration of all things vintage cool. Expect the best bits of last year to get even better – vintage vehicles, immersive street performances that wander through the evocative dockside architecture, DJs that keep the crowds on their feet all day and creative workshops for all the family.”
Some of the highlights, include:-
• The vintage marketplace bringing together the finest purveyors of vintage for the curious and committed
• A visually stunning selection of classic cars rolling into the Dock for both days
• From the Beatles Story to Tate Liverpool, show-stopping street performances will weave their way through the famed cobbled quaysides of Albert Dock, including classic jazz dances from the 20s and 30s – from the Balbao to the Collegiate – courtesy of The Mudflappers; and pop-up Charleston from Antony and Steph
• Total Eclipse of the Head mobile hair salon in a caravan – be it The Kate Bush Bush, the 80’s Power Mullet Montage or the Crimping Back to the 90s, choose your music-themed hairstyle and stand out from the crowds
• Learn to DJ from the groovy Charity Shop DJ
• Meet Gary ‘Gacko’ Bridgens – the Royal Troubadour of Piel Island, and his peripatetic perambulator of performance, Dolly, unloading his curious cargo of songs, stories and routines as this wandering vagabond explores Albert Dock (on the Sunday only)
Vintage on the Dock takes place at Albert Dock Liverpool July 9 and 10, 11am-6pm both days. For more information on this and all other upcoming events at Albert Dock, please visit www.albertdock.com
. Join us on Twitter – @theAlbertDock #VintageDock16 #AlbertDock
More announcements coming soon.