See our video services!
At The Guide Liverpool, we’ve been helping businesses promote themselves and reach new clients and customers for years. Our professional video crew can help you increase engagement, interaction and revenue by presenting your business to a wide audience with a creative, exciting promotional video for use on multiple online channels.
Singer, songwriter, producer, entrepreneur, and one of the best-selling artists in the world Christina Aguilera will be bringing her iconic vocals and impeccable routines to the UK for a three-date tour, arriving in Liverpool on Wednesday 3 August.
Here are 11 reasons why we are dead excited to see her play live in the city.
1. She’s a feminist icon who’s given us possibly one of the best girl power anthems of all time, Can’t Hold Us Down, encouraging us to examine the double standards of sexual liberation and say “Ay! Enough!” when it comes to slut shaming. I don’t understand why it’s ok, the guy can get away with it the girl gets named, you can’t hold us, or our Tina down.
2. She really said, “Gay rights!” long before the Olivia Coleman/Rachel Weisz BAFTA’s moment. When she released the video for Beautiful, not only was the song an anthem for self-love and self-acceptance but she featured a number of marginalised groups and taboo topics in the video, including some same sex necking, at a time when it was still controversial and risky to do so. She’s an ally.
3. She’s a bi-lingual queen. She’s half Ecuadorian on her father’s side and although estranged from him for a significant amount of time, she’s stayed true to her Latin roots and recorded albums in both English and Spanish.
4. Let’s face it, Dirrty and the arrival of Xtina was a cultural reset. From singing cutesy songs about abstinence and waiting to have sex, suddenly she was dancing in assless chaps. She took us from girl to woman in real time, fully taking ownership of her sexuality and teaching us via the medium of dirrty dancing that it was fine for us to do so too. You could say she invented the ‘slut drop’; Christina ran so that Geordie Shore could stroll.
5. I mean who hasn’t belted out the now classic karaoke anthem Lady Marmalade? Christina stole the show in this noughties collaboration and made us all (unwisely) wanted to try crimped backcombed hair and corsets. Mya’s might have been the easiest verse to sing but you know you’ll fight with your mates at the Croc for who gets to be our girl Chrissy.
6. Christina wasn’t just part of 00’s culture, you could say that she and her fellow Disney Mousketeers WERE 00’s culture. They ruled the headlines and racked up allllll the column inches and kept us entertained throughout the decades.
7. She was cast as the bad girl to Britney’s good girl persona. Britney was sugar and spice and all things nice, and this is most apparent when appearing in that performance with Madonna, Britney was natural and virginal while Christina was the bad ass with black hair, heavy makeup and tan. Despite all this, Christina has remained unproblematic with no actual real ‘bad girl’ incidents. She’s played the part and played the game and kept herself squeaky clean throughout.
8. That brings us to her private life. She’s stayed relevant in the headlines and ensured her megastar status but if you asked me to tell you all about her personal life, her love life, her family life, I could tell you very little without some serious digging. She’s perfected the public/private life balance.
9. She’s given us so much variety when it comes to fashion looks. From virginal pop princess to dreadlocked chav, to 50’s pin up, to Scouse bird who’s just discovered St Moriz and black hair dye, if there’s one thing that has an even bigger range than her voice, it’s her style.
10. She’s so iconic, she even made Eminem mad enough to diss her, just by existing and being a successful woman.
11. The voice. Oh my god, the voice. The control of a dictatorship with the lung power of a jet engine. What a killer combination.
Sign up with us to receive the latest news, straight to your inbox!