Bulky Bob’s collection service is back open in Liverpool
3 years ago
Liverpool’s large-item household waste collection service will re-start on Tuesday 26 May after being suspended due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The Liverpool City Council-backed scheme will recommence on a limited basis with the number of collections being restricted each day.
The city council will ‘screen’ all requests and will not be able to collect from any household which currently has COVID symptoms or has had them during the past 14 days.
Bulky Bob’s is a free service which collects up to five bulky items per property – alongside up to five electrical items or five bags of unwanted clothing.
The service was suspended at the end of March as the country went into lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Collections can be booked online or over the phone if you do not have online access, but will take longer than usual due to potential high demand and because of extra precautions that have had to be put in place to prevent the spread of the infection.
Bulky Bob’s will collect all its usual items but service-operators insist they will only pick up items from inside properties under exceptional circumstances.
The council and Bulky Bob’s urge everyone who is considering using the service when it re-starts to expect delays and to opt for an outside collection wherever possible.
Bulky Bob’s provides items for the Furniture World outlet which, under normal circumstances, offers refurbished items of furniture from the collection service to residents who need them.
This outlet will remain closed for now and residents are asked to refer to the website for updates about the store.
Residents can find out more and book a collection via the website HERE or by calling 0151 233 3001.
Bulky Bob’s Chief Executive Shaun Doran, said: “Bulky Bob’s is back to work and ready to start collecting people’s redundant furniture.
We know there is a huge demand for things to be collected – and also a real need for the great quality reused furniture that we refurbish. We are back to work with a few changes to the way we do things so we can protect our staff, our customers and the general public. The message from us is: Stay Safe and Reuse and Recycle with Bulky Bob’s.”
Hope you're enjoying the sunshine today. ☀️ Let us know what you are up to.
Lots to tell you about as the good news keeps on shining through in Liverpool for Day 58. ?
Jay ? pic.twitter.com/459SWG9llo
— The Guide Liverpool (@TheGuideLpool) May 20, 2020
Liverpool City Council’s Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Highways, Cllr Sharon Connor said: “We are really pleased to announce that Bulky Bob’s will be re-starting its collection service, however, we must stress this is a restricted return and the same level of service as previously offered will not be available for some time.
“The safety of both the members of staff and residents using the service remains our paramount concern and we have been forced to take extra precautions to minimise the potential for spreading the coronavirus.
“The council has also recently re-started its green waste collection service and the Household Waste Recycling Centres are now also offering restricted services.
“We are doing all we can to ensure that the services people rely on can return as soon as possible but must ask members of the public to continue to be patient and bear with us.”