The Watering Can has ‘Fizz ‘n Chips’, a three course Sunday roast and more on the menu for Easter
1 year ago
With many looking forward to a four day Easter weekend and the sun threatening to shine, The Watering Can is the perfect spot to relax, unwind and make the most of the bank holiday.
Located in the idyllic surroundings of Greenbank Park, covering 12 acres of stunning Victorian parkland, The Watering Can team are looking forward to treating you this Easter.
Whether it is a lazy stroll followed by a leisurely lunch, a family gathering or a catch up with friends, The Watering Can has put together a selection of Easter treats for you to enjoy.
On Good Friday enjoy ‘Fizz ‘n Chips’ for £15.95 – beer battered haddock, triple cooked chunky chips, mushy peas, homemade tartare sauce and a glass of fizz.
On Easter Sunday – Let The Watering Can take the strain out of the traditional Easter Roast, and enjoy a 3 course set menu with fizz and nibbles for £40 per person. There will be live music courtesy of the soulful Ni Maxine from 2pm-5pm in the main restaurant.
Guests can enjoy a welcome drink and nibbles, followed by a choice of starters including:-
– Grilled scallops in their shells with garlic and lemon butter
– Stornoway black pudding Scotch egg with homemade piccalilli and mustard mayonnaise
– Whipped cave aged feta with crudities
– Roasted cauliflower flavoured with ras-el-hanout, hummus, picked red onion and pepper dew peppers with flat bread.
Main course include a choice of:-
– Goosnargh roast chicken with pork and caramelised leek stuffing
– Aberdeen Angus beef rump
– Porcini mushroom, borlotti bean, nut roast
– Served with: Roast potatoes, roast carrots, green vegetable medley, Yorkshire pudding and gravy
Line caught seabass fillet, tartare potato, green beans and lemon butter
Deserts include a mouth-watering selection including:-
– Salted caramel chocolate ganache tart
– Lemon Meringue, limoncello curd with whipped cream
– Toffee apple upside down cake with Madagascan vanilla custard
The Watering Can has also launched a new spring/summer menu bursting with seasonal flavours including small plates, sandwiches, salads, big plates and sides for you to enjoy on Saturday and Monday.