Food & Drink
These Liverpool operators have made the Top Fifty Hospitality Power List
6 days ago
The Kuits NRB Top Fifty 2023 was announced yesterday, March 14, at Northern Restaurant & Bar 2023, the hospitality trade exhibition in Manchester, and some of our favourite restaurants and bars in Liverpool have made the list!
A panel of Northern hospitality experts in the fields of hospitality finance, accountancy, property, law and consultancy spent hours sifting through hundreds of pages of judging notes to decide the operators 2023 Top Fifty operators.
Chris Brazier, group event director for Northern Restaurant & Bar, said:
“This year’s list has revealed a steady churn of operators, with an influx of new entrants. While challenges remain for industry, it’s great to see the tone changing from one of resilience and survival to one of ambition and opportunity for some operators. There are new Gastropubs, hotels, Michelin starred restaurants, casual dining operators and experiential leisure sites to be congratulated and watched now and in the future.
“Many operators are saying that the start to the year has been above expectations in the face of evolving consumer behaviour, but also down to tenacity and talent of Northern Hospitality operators. Let us all hope that this continues, and we see an exciting period of launches, expansion, and innovation throughout 2023.”
The three special achievement awards were presented to Marko Husak and Mayur Patel of Bundobust, Matthew Farrell and John Ennis of Graffiti Spirit Group and Andy Haygarth and Matt Robson of NQ64.
Felicity Tulloch, head of leisure and licensing for Kuits, said:
“As specialist legal advisors to the leisure sector, Kuits is delighted to once again be involved in this important, industry-leading event. We are proud to support and judge the Kuits NRB Top Fifty awards as we have done for several years. The awards provide an important platform and recognition for the most exciting and influential operators in the hospitality industry.
“In the last 2 years we have seen just how adaptable and resilient the operators in this sector are. Northern Restaurant & Bar provides a national stage for the North’s thriving food and drink industry, and we’re proud to be associated with it.”
Lets check out all the operators, with businesses in Liverpool, that made the list:
- Amer Rafiq, Imran Rafiq, Irfan Rafiq, Asim Rafiq – Archies
- Marko Husak, Mayur Patel – Bundobust
- Simon Shaw – El Gato Negro
- Gary Usher – Elite Bistros (Wreckfish)
- Mike Phillips – Fat Hippo
- Matthew Farrell, John Ennis – Graffiti Spirit Group (Duke Street Market, Bold Street Coffee)
- Matt Snell – Gusto
- Sam Grainger, Chris Edwards, Owain Williams – Madre
- James Bates, Dominic Jones, Thomas White – Maray
- Roy Ellis, Neil Macleod – Mission Mars (Albert’s Schloss/Schenke, Rudy’s Pizza)
- Mark Birchall – The Restaurant at Moor Hall
- Nisha Katona – Mowgli Street Food
- Andy Haygarth, Matt Robson – NQ64
- Rob Pitcher – Revolution Bars Group
- Ben Jones, Matthew Jones – Roxy Leisure Ltd & Concept Taverns Ltd.
- Carlo Distefano, Marcello Distefano – San Carlo Group
- Simon Potts, Vic Stewart, Mark Burville – The Alchemist Bar