10 Romantic Proposal Ideas for Liverpool
3 weeks ago
In a recent survey by The Bottle Club, Liverpool ranked pretty highly on the best places to propose in Europe. Beaten by only London, Paris & Barcelona, Liverpool saw off competition from more traditional spots like Venice (#17) and Rome (didn’t even make the top 20) to win a spot in the top 4.
So lads, cancel the flights, there’s no need for that destination proposal, you can do it right here, and we have some ideas…
1. Take your partner on a romantic helicopter ride over the city of Liverpool and propose with a stunning view of the city skyline. If you squint, you might even be able to see the alley where you had your first drunken neck. Book here.
2. Go for an evening cruise on the Mersey River and pop the question in front of the breath-taking backdrop of the Liverpool waterfront while the sun sets. A guaranteed yes in my opinion.
3. Take your partner to the top of St. John’s Beacon, the tallest building in Liverpool, and ask them to marry you while admiring the city in 360 degrees. Bonus points if you can give them 360 reasons why you love them… or at least 10 reasons why they don’t do your head in that much? Talking heights, how about the top of our most iconic building? RLB360 has proposal packages in place to take away some of that pre-on-the-knee nerves. Find out more here.
4. Spend a romantic evening in a luxurious suite at one of our stunning hotels, for example Innside on Old Hall Street and propose in front of a picturesque view of the city in the rooftop sky bar. Plus, if you’re doing it in the bar then your celebratory champagne adjacent. Convenience.
5. Visit the Liverpool Cathedral and propose in the awe-inspiring cathedral’s nave, surrounded by its stunning architecture. I mean, they can’t say no in front of God, can they? It’s just sly.
6. Take a private boat tour of the Albert Dock and propose while sailing along the dockside – couple it up with a dinner on the floating grace because they can’t say no if they’re trapped on a boat, can they?
7. Create a romantic picnic in the Sefton Park Palm House and have a surprise proposal set up inside the lush glasshouse. Nothing like a bit of humidity and foliage to guarantee that yes vote.
8. Rent a vintage car and take your partner for a romantic drive to the top of Bidston Hill and propose with a stunning view of the Wirral Peninsula. Or just get a delta up to Everton brow. It’s all good.
9. Take your partner to the Walker Art Gallery or the Tate and propose in front of your favourite artwork. We love a cultured proposal.
10. Have a romantic dinner in the rooftop terrace of 30 James Street, home of the Titanic and propose while overlooking the city skyline. When their eyes are full of Liver birds, their heart is full of love.