Included will be both Anfield and Goodison Park which have been diplomatically placed on the board.
Anfield gets to feature in a three-strong sports set, but are not even top of that. World famous racecourse Aintree heads up the seat, with Anfield and Goodison Park each tied for the runner-up spot in this set.
The game sees “the great and good” of Liverpool feature in themed sets spanning culture, tourism, The Beatles, shopping, ecclesiastical, education .. and sport. The tokens are all Liverpool themed and voted by the public .. the very first time in the North-West this has happened.They will be revealed as including a football, guitar, ferry and racehorse, complete with jockey.
“For diplomatic reasons we decided to put the two city football clubs and their grounds on the same value space,” added Mr Thompson.
The brand new 2019 official version of Liverpool MONOPOLY comes exactly 20 years on from a first one. “Liverpool has changed beyond all recognition since 1999,” adds Mr Thompson, Custom Games Manager at Winning Moves UK, who have the official license from MONOPOLY owners Hasbro to produce this game. Winning Moves UK also produced the last edition last century, which was hugely popular in its day but has been discontinued for several years.
– ALL TOKENS ARE LIVERPOOL-THEMED: The classic MONOPOLY tokens like the Scottie Dog and boot are literally given the boot. In their place come a Liver Bird, race horse, guitar, football and ferry boat.
– BEATLES: The last time round there were less Beatles landmarks – this time there is a full set. “This reflects the growing popularity in the current generation for The Beatles which appears higher than the last one in the late 1990s. Their popularity rather than diminishing is clearly soaring,” adds Mr Thompson.
– CHARITIES ‘PASS GO’: Two charities each get to star on their own spaces. They are: Cash for Kids and Age Concern. A delighted Laura Charlton, Cash for Kids Charity Manager, said : “We are thrilled to be landing on a Community Chest space – and honoured to be recognised by the city for the support we provide to disadvantaged and disabled children.”
– MONEY: The MONOPOLY money includes “icons” of Liverpool. They are : A Liver Bird and a symbol of a musical note.
– CARDS CUSTOMISED: Most of the Chance and Community Chest cards are Liverpool themed. One ‘advances’ players to The Three Graces, whilst another fines them fifty MONOPOLY Dollars for getting the lyrics to a Beatles song all wrong.
‼️#WIN the new 20th anniversary limited edition ‘Liverpool Version’ of Monopoly
🎲RT/ FOLLOW/ REPLY with something you’d expect to find on a Liverpool monopoly board
🎲Winner chosen Fri 22 Nov
Josh is with Ben from @MonopolyUK
— The Guide Liverpool (@TheGuideLpool) November 19, 2019
Amongst the landmarks that feature on their own property spaces are : The Three Graces, both football clubs, Hard Day’s Night, The Beatles Statue, Liverpool Cathedral, Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral, the University of Liverpool and very many more. In all more than 30 leading Liverpool landmarks and favourites ‘Pass GO’.
Mr Thompson added: “This new game is a love letter to Liverpool and reflects the heartbeat of the city”.
The new edition goes on sale from November 19th at all good toy and book stores in Liverpool including Waterstones, WH Smith and The Works– and very widely online including on Amazon.
Sign up with us to receive the latest news, straight to your inbox!