Liverpool BID Company’s student takeover campaign has you covered if you’re new to the city
1 year ago
More than 50,000 students are expected to arrive in Liverpool this month.
And after they’ve unpacked their duvets and scrambled for fridge space in their new accommodation, first on the timetable has got to be getting to know the city.
It’s not just our first-class universities that attract so many people to study here – a huge draw is the place itself! And that’s where we can have a little input into their education outside the lecture theatre.
From now until October 9, Liverpool BID Company is back with Liverpool’s Student Takeover campaign!
The aim is to make sure students receive the famous Liverpool welcome as they settle in, and get to know everything they need to know about their new home.
Liverpool BID Company will be sharing its top tips for student life in Liverpool.
It’s created a brand-new ‘Welcome to Liverpool’ map showing all the best student hotspots which it will be giving out at major Freshers Fairs and, with the help of yours truly, The Guide Liverpool, there’ll be a fab video series so students can discover everything from nightlife to LGBTQ+ life in the city centre.
As part of the campaign, too, students can get access to exclusive offers and discounts on everything from food and drink to health products and fashion goods to make that loan go further; and they can learn about loads of events to look forward to and prizes they can win from Liverpool businesses throughout the city centre.
One lucky winner could win all of this if they head over to BID’s social media platforms to enter: Free range hire for six with full armoury upgrades at Point Blank Shooting; £100 Voucher for Coyote Ugly Saloon; £25 Voucher for Turtle Bay; A Cass Art Goodie Bag worth over £50; Free day trip worth £55 with Daytripper Liverpool.
And, if you’ve just arrived, welcome, and here’s a few top tips for starters:
- You’ll never be short of things to do and places to visit – and we don’t just mean after uni hours when you’ve got a bevvie in your hand. World Museum Liverpool, Liverpool Museum, the Walker Art Gallery, the Merseyside Maritime Museum, and more, have got the most amazing exhibitions and artefacts – and they’re all free!
- If there’s one ‘go to’ area its Bold Street, with the best mix of restaurants, cafés, vintage shops and more. (Although then again, there’s the Albert Dock, Liverpool ONE, the Metquarter, the Georgian Quarter and Hope Street…and blooming ‘eck, there’s loads!!!).
- Liverpool’s a big city, but it’s also pretty compact which makes it a great place to explore on foot, and if you don’t fancy walking you can hop on a Voi scooter, jump on a bus, or board the ferry and live out your Beatles dreams.
- Scouse isn’t just an accent but the best meal to have on a cold night – and it’s our signature dish served up with crusty bread and red cabbage in loads of Liverpool pubs and restaurants. It’s a must try (and don’t worry if you’re veggie or vegan, there’s one for you too!).
- Oh, and if you want to learn the lingo, instead of saying something’s ‘good’ or ‘amazing’, here it’s ‘sound’ or ‘boss’. Alright la?!