See our video services!
At The Guide Liverpool, we’ve been helping businesses promote themselves and reach new clients and customers for years. Our professional video crew can help you increase engagement, interaction and revenue by presenting your business to a wide audience with a creative, exciting promotional video for use on multiple online channels.
THE GUIDE LIVERPOOL COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2. Each Competition may have “Specific Terms” which we will detail online at theguideliverpool.com as relevant.
3. You should always read these General Terms together with the Specific Terms. If any Specific Terms conflict with these General Terms, the Specific Terms will take precedence.
4. We may change these General Terms at any time so you should check this page regularly for any changes. Changes will apply from the date that they are published on this page.
5. By entering any Competition you are accepting that you will be legally bound by these General Terms and the applicable Specific Terms.
6. We recommend you print or save a copy of these General Terms for future reference during the Competition.
2 THE PROMOTER OF EACH COMPETITION
2. If you have any concern in relation to any of our Competitions, you can contact us by:
emailing [email protected]
calling us directly on 0151 702 0143
If you are not satisfied with the initial response from us, please write to us at The Guide Liverpool, 2 Queen Square, Liverpool, L1 1RH
In all correspondence please state the name of the Competition, the date of the competition and details of your initial response from us.
3 ELIGIBILITY RULES FOR OUR COMPETITIONS
2. Where Competitions are open to children (aged 15 or younger) and/or young persons (aged 16 or 17), the age requirements will be publicised to entrants in the applicable Specific Terms.
3. Certain Competitions may have additional eligibility requirements such as valid passports, visas, driving licences, good physical health etc. All eligibility requirements will be detailed in the applicable Specific Terms
4. Whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met is always at our sole discretion and we may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding prizes.
5. Employees of The Guide Liverpool and their immediate families (and the employees of any third party sponsors, prize providers or their immediate families) may not enter any Competition.
4 ENTRY AND ENTRY METHODS
4a Online Giveaway Competitions: Online Giveaway Competitions via theguideliverpool.com are free to enter. You simply need to visit our website and follow the instructions. You will be asked to give your email address, contact details and satisfactorily complete the competition mechanic (ie answer a multiple choice question). Multiple entries are accepted, unless otherwise stated. In some cases you will be asked to complete a question before entering your email address – this helps us to ensure that entries received are from true competition lovers and not from computer generated programmes otherwise known as ‘robots.’ There is a limit of one (1) entry per person and/or email address per day, per URL on which the Online Giveaway is displayed. Online Giveaway Competitions are open to residents of the UK
4b Social Media Giveaway Competitions: Social Media Giveaway Competitions via our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) are free to enter. You simply need to visit one of our social platforms and follow the instructions. We will typically ask you to share our post on, tag in a friend or multiple friends and to follow or ‘like’ the page of a third party prize provider. You MUST be a follower of The Guide Liverpool on one of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram in order to qualify for entry.
1. Deficient entries: In all Competitions, we reserve the right to reject any entries that are incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged or otherwise deficient. We also reserve the right to reject entries that are unlawful, indecent, racist, inflammatory, defamatory or which we consider to be otherwise harmful. We accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including but not limited to texts, calls or emails not received due to technical disruptions, network congestion, loss in service of online entry mechanisms, computer error in transit or any other reason. Proof of posting of any postal entry will not be proof of our receipt of that entry. We cannot enter into correspondence with entrants who experience difficulties with entering online.
2. Automated Entry: The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits any person to enter any Competition repeatedly is prohibited.
3. Names: Entrants must enter Competitions using their legal name once only. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names and to require them to return any prize they may have won.
4. Multiple Entries: Unless otherwise permitted pursuant to the applicable Specific Terms or unless it is an Online Giveaway Competition, no person may enter any Competition more than once and persons may not enter or participate as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person, syndicate, group, society or company. If we suspect that an individual has set up a fake email address and/or social media page to circumvent this rule, we reserve the right to disqualify all entries that we reasonably believe were generated by that individual.
5. Prize Limits: There is no limit on the value of a single prize that may be provided to the individual winners of a Competition. However, no person or persons at the same residential address may win more than one prize valued at £500 or more via any of our Competitions in any six (6) month period.
6. Retrospective Effect: Where an entrant or prize winner has been found to be in breach of any of the terms and conditions of a Competition and in particular where a person is in breach of the entry restrictions set out in paragraphs 4.6 to 4.9 above, we may still enforce our right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement to us of any prize even where a prize has been awarded and/or actually provided to the entrant or prize winner in question.
7. Inappropriate Behaviour: We reserve the right to disqualify an entrant, or to refuse or withdraw a Prize, if an entrant or a winner threatens or abuses one of our employees, or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that we reasonably regard as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
2. All prize winners will be notified that they have won a prize within twenty eight (28) days of the closing date of the Competition via at least one of the following methods:
in writing; or
via social media
3. Prizes will be despatched to the winners via the UK mail service, unless otherwise stated. We will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our reasonable control. Further details will be set out in the Specific Terms and/or given to winners when they are notified that they’ve won.
4. Prizes will only be delivered to an address within the UK. Should a prize winner’s contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us or the contact person(s) detailed in the Competition’s Specific Terms.
5. We reserve the right to request proof of a prize winner’s identity in the form of a passport or driver’s licence and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. In the event that a prize winner cannot provide us with proof of identity and/or address that is reasonably acceptable to us, we may withdraw the prize and select another prize winner.
6. All prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable. Where prizes consist of entry tickets, attendance at events, holidays and similar time-specific benefits, they must be taken on the dates specified by us (or any relevant third party provider). Prize winners will forfeit any element of their prize that they do not take at the time stipulated in the Specific Terms. No cash will be awarded in lieu of that prize or any part of it.
7. Any tax or other charges payable as a result of a prize being awarded or received will be the responsibility of the winner. Winners should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting a prize if this is a concern.
8. We make no representation or warranty in relation to prizes provided and to the fullest extent permitted by law we shall have no liability to you in relation to any prize, its fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise. We reserve the right to disqualify entrants from entering our Competitions or prizewinners from receiving their prizes where any such person engages in unsafe, illegal, unsociable or inappropriate behaviour.
9. All stated prize values are at the supplier’s recommended retail price in pounds sterling and are, to the best of our knowledge and belief, correct at the time of printing. We take no responsibility for any fluctuations in prize values. We award cash prizes in the form of a cheque in the name of the prizewinner. Any other arrangement will be at our discretion.
10. No additional, further or other costs or expenses are included in any prize unless stated. For example, the costs of transport to and from a venue for an event are not included and any accommodation prize includes basic room charge only.
11. Third party suppliers of prizes may also often stipulate their own terms, conditions or restrictions and all prize winners agree to be bound by these. Subject to paragraph 19.2, The Guide Liverpool shall have no liability in relation to any prize provided by a third party provider.
6 HOLIDAY PRIZES
2. Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Terms, holiday prizes:
a. do not include insurance. It will be the responsibility of each prize winner (and, if applicable, each Guest that accompanies them) to take out at their own cost all relevant insurance (including but not limited to health and travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property) which may be required or prudent to obtain;
b. consist of flights and accommodation only and do not include airport departure or government taxes, spending money, airport transfers or other expenses. These must be paid by the prize winner (and their Guests);
c. must be taken within six (6) months of the closing date of the relevant Competition or the prize will lapse; and
d. are also usually subject to the prize provider’s terms and conditions, which will apply to the prize winner (and their Guests) as well.
3. It is the responsibility of the prize winner (and, if applicable, each Guest that accompanies them) to ensure their ability to travel to their holiday destination and return home and, in particular, to:
a. ensure that they have a valid passport endorsed with all relevant visas and with expiry date no less than six (6) months following the proposed dates of travel or such other duration as may be required by any relevant regulation. These passports, and their holders, must not be subject to any restrictions on their rights to travel to and from the applicable country or countries. Passport control and in-country authorities may reserve the right to refuse entry to prize winners and/or their travelling companions;
b. check any travel advisories issued by the Government and determine whether they wish to accept the risk of travelling to the holiday destination;
c. obtain any inoculation and comply with any health regulations required by any holiday prize destination country;
d. comply with the terms and limitations of airlines, other transport providers, and the venues involved in the provision of any holiday prize, including any insurance policy relating to the holiday. In particular, entrants must comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements; and
e. where the United States of America is a holiday prize destination, to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) for each person that is travelling. Applications must be submitted no later than three (3) days prior to the departure date. Should this form not be lodged by both the winner and their Guest(s) within this time, they will be ineligible to enter the United States of America and will therefore forfeit their holiday prize.
f. we will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any prize winner (and/or any Guest that accompanies them) that arises out of their failure to arrive at any holiday destination or return home from any holiday destination, nor will we have any obligation to substitute an alternative prize, cash equivalent or other compensation where a prize winner (and/or their travelling companion) is unable to travel to any holiday destination or fails to redeem a holiday prize for any reason.
7 EVENTS PRIZES
2. If a Competition that you participate in or a prize that you win involves travel, stunts or physical challenges you should notify us of any medical condition that you (and, if applicable, your Guests) have and at our absolute discretion we may require you (and your Guests) as a condition of entering the Competition or receiving the prize to:
a. submit to a medical examination by a medical practitioner approved by us and obtain medical clearance to participate in the Competition and/or redeem the prize; and/or
b. execute a legal document to exonerate us from liability in a form prescribed by us in order to participate further in the Competition and/or redeem the prize.
3. Where prizes comprise or include “meet and greet” elements with celebrities, the prize may be subject to the availability of the celebrity in question and we will have no liability for any inability or failure of any prizewinner to attend any “meet and greet” session offered on any date nor will we offer any alternative prize or cash alternative or compensation for such failure.
8 UNCLAIMED PRIZES
2. We reserve the right to award prizes unclaimed after these periods to alternative prize winners or not to award them at all.
3. If you call to claim a prize from a “withheld number” line you must provide us with your contact details: otherwise we may be unable to contact you and you may as a result forfeit your prize.
9 PUBLICITY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
2. If you are required to submit a third party’s personal information to enter or participate in a Competition, you must ensure that the person whose details you submit has given their consent for you to provide us with their details.
3. It is a condition of entry to all our Competitions that we have the right to publish and/or broadcast the first name, home town, character, likeness and voices of Competition entrants and winners.
4. In particular, entrants consent to their video/photo social media entries to being shared on our website and social media platforms, and subject to any ensuing commentary therein.
5. Entrants, particularly prize winners, may be required to participate in photo , recording, video and/or filming session(s). You agree that we shall have the right to use all the resulting publicity materials in any media and in any manner we see fit, unless you advise us at the time of entering the Competition that you wish to retain your anonymity. If you elect for anonymity, we may not be able to include you in certain Competitions. This includes providing these materials to our third party prize providers for the purposes of promoting their association with the Competition and awarding the relevant prizes.
6. No fees shall be payable to any entrant in relation to the use of publicity
10 PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEOS
a. entrants warrant that they are the person in the photograph or video and/or they have prior consent from all persons in the photograph or video to submit it as part of their entry;
b. entrants agree that we have the right to publish and communicate to the public the Photographs in any media without restriction or limitation throughout the world and not only for the purposes of the Competition;
c. entrants acknowledge that we may edit the photographs or video in our sole discretion;
d. entrants agree that we have the right to use names, likenesses and other personal information submitted in conjunction with the photograph or video;
e. entrants agree not to bring any actions, suits, claims and demands against us in respect of defamation or any infringement or violation of any personal and/or property rights of any sort from our use of their Photograph or video;
f. entrants unconditionally waive their right to seek or obtain an injunction to prevent or restrict our use of the Photographs; and
g. entrants aged under 18 shall have obtained the consent of a parent or a guardian (and will provide us with the contact details we need should we wish to verify this).
11 PRIZE DRAWS
2. If we become aware that the same person has been selected as a prize winner more than once, we will draw another name.
a. assign to us all rights (including present and future copyright) in their entry and their publicity materials in all media (including, without limitation, the internet) and whether in existence now or created in the future;
b. agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and the publicity materials (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) against Bauer, its assigns, licensees and successors in title;
c. undertake to us that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights and will not contain anything, which is defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and that they will indemnify us for any loss, damage or liability arising should this turn out not to be true. If relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation (and without limiting entrants’ warranty and indemnity as set out above), to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by the entrant and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same;
d. Confirm that they have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that they have obtained all consents and permissions necessary to grant us the same.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition are our sole property and we may exploit the same our absolute discretion.
2. Holiday prizes are not available to persons under the age of 18 without written consent from a parent or legal guardian and unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
3. Where entrants or prize winners are required by us to sign a release or other document before participating in a Competition and/or redeeming a prize and the entrant and/or prize winner is under the age of 18 years, such document must be signed by that person’s parent or legal guardian prior to their participation in the Competition and/or the prize being awarded.
14 TAMPERING AND OTHER MATTERS
If for any reason any Competition is not capable of running as planned as a result of any (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Competition, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and/or any draw/s or judging related to the Competition and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused) the problem.
15 LEAVE FOR PARTICIPATION
Obtaining time off work and/or study or related activities to participate in a Competition and/or take a prize will be the sole and absolute responsibility of each contestant.
16 TERMINATION OF COMPETITION
The Guide Liverpool may vary the terms of, or terminate, a Competition at any time at its absolute discretion if reasonably required to do so. Termination or variation of a competition is without liability to any contestant or other person. The Promoter will not award the prize if the Competition is terminated.
17 DECISIONS FINAL
2. Tiebreakers, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns will be managed by us and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator.
3. Where a Competition involves voting, the accuracy of the pooled results received and published by us will be deemed to be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
18 FAILURE TO ENFORCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A failure by us to enforce any one of the terms and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any entrant or prize winner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of our rights in relation to the same.
19 EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
2. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any entrant or prizewinner in connection with or arising out of any Competition howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph 19.2 shall also apply in respect of any prize provided by a third party provider.
3. In the event that any provision of these General (or any Specific) Terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
These General Terms (and any Specific Terms) shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Last updated January 2020.
Sign up with us to receive the latest news, straight to your inbox!